Our goal is to assist our clients in the proper planning and managing of their data centre resources (power, cooling, space, etc.), consistent with best practices for high-availability (HA) computer room environments. In the complex world of data centre environments, it is all too easy to lose track of existing facility resources and eventually lose the ability to effectively adapt to the ever-changing requirements of new computer hardware technologies (i.e. blades, SAN’s, etc.).
Here is a description of the types of consulting services we offer:
- Statement of Requirement Development
- Data Centre Assessments and Audits
- Uptime Institute Tier Level Certification and Design Assistance
- Life Cycle Analysis
- Data Centre Planning and Construction Service
- Data Centre “Cyber Security” Risk Assessment Services
- Cable Plant and Communications Infrastructure Planning and Assessment
- Data Centre Operations and Procedures Manuals (iPad based)
- Project Management and Commissioning
- Energy Monitoring (PUE) and Power Quality monitoring
- Data Centre Infrastructure System Testing and Troubleshooting
Our Professional IT infrastructure consulting service is provided by our highly qualified staff of:
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- Uptime Institute Accredited Tier Designer
- BCSI Certified RCDD Cable Plant Designers
- Licensed Master Electricians and Tradespeople
- Certified Electricians and Refrigeration Technicians
- Project Managers
- Commissioning Agents
- Maintenance providers
They are ready and able to provide you with a very specialized resource that may not always be available in-house. Because we are involved in data center planning on a daily basis, we are able to keep up to the latest ‘Best Practices’ trends and technologies. Therefore, we are able to position ourselves between the IT service providers (IT departments) and IT Infrastructure providers (Facility Managers and Engineers) in order to help properly plan, coordinate, and assess IT infrastructure requirements.
We have been in the IT Infrastructure consulting business since the early 80’s, when water cooled mainframes, magnetic tape reels, and 512 MB refrigerator sized hard drives populated the raised floor landscape. The progressive and successful development of our IT Infrastructure consulting services is a reflection of our ability to adapt to the ever changing needs of technology and the people who use it.
Our client’s IT infrastructures range from 10,000 square-foot data centers to 500 square foot server rooms and LAN closets.
Depending on your needs, we can either work directly for your IT managers responsible for hardware deployment, facilities departments responsible for providing the infrastructure deployment, or with your design engineers responsible for the preparation of construction and tender documents.